3 Different Ways to Reset the Hp OfficeJet 6500 All-in-One Printer
The HP Officejet 6500 is an all-in-one inkjet printer that is capable of scanning, copying and faxing documents. The device can print documents at a resolution up to 4800 x 1200 dots per inch. In addition, the HP Officejet 6500 features a built-in memory card reader, which enables you to print photos directly from your digital camera’s memory card. Unfortunately, over time you may encounter problems using your HP Officejet 6500. Luckily, most of these problems can be fixed using a variety of troubleshooting techniques.
Common HP Officejet 6500 Issues:
- The quality of a printed document or photo is not as expected.
- Slow printing
- Wrong Language set
- Ink System failure Error Message
- Wireless Printing Problems
- Printhead Problems
Reset # 1: Partial Reset
This type of reset can be compared to performing a power cycle on your printer. However this is more effective than just restarting the printer. No setting will be deleted from your printer with this process. To partially reset your Officejet 6500 printer:
- You need to make sure the printer is powered ON.
- While the printer is Turned ON, unplug the power cord from the back of the printer. This should turn OFF your Officejet 6500.
- Connect the power cord back into the printer while pressing the “#” and “3” keys on the keypads of your printer.
- Wait until the screen turns black before release the keys. Your printer should turn ON by itself. If not, press the power button to turn ON the printer.
- The printer should now start to do the a partial reset on your printer. Wait until it finishes the whole process and settles down.
Reset # 2: Semi-Full Reset
Semi-full reset can be used on tougher issues like (wireless problems, intermittent slowness in printing, ink system failure error message and changing the printer’s language.) Although effective, this will delete all settings from the printer and return it to its default factory settings. A semi-full reset on the Officejet 6500 is done with the same steps in Reset#1, but using the “#” and “6” keys instead.
Reset # 3: Full Reset
If the semi-full reset on the Officejet 6500 did not work. You can also do a full Reset. However, it is not recommend this, as Fully resetting this printer can cause permanent damage on the printer. To do this use the keys “#” and “9” with the same procedure as Reset #1.
Following the above mentioned steps will surely solve the common printer issue. For more solutions and support visit our website Dubaria.com, Dubaria.shop. Happy to help.