How to Reset Canon MP Series Printers and Fix Common Errors
The Canon Pixma is one of the biggest series of printer and multifunction devices. Canon is a popular name in the world of printers and scanners, and the products the company makes are widely used in both the home environment and the business world. For the most part, a well-maintained Canon printer will provide many years of trouble-free service. However, there are times that you encounter error messages that disable your printer’s functions. There are two ways to fix such errors that are to reset and hard reset your printer.
- Turn ON the printer.
- Press and Hold the “Reset button” on the printer.
- While pressing the “Reset button“, press and hold the “Color Start” button.
- Wait for 5 seconds.
- Release the “Color Start” button, and then release the “Reset Button“.
- Wait until the printer starts to configure itself. This should take approximately around 20 seconds.
- The no. “1” should be on the display, press and hold the “Tool” button and the letter “A” should now be on the display.
- While pressing on the “Tool” button, press and hold the “Reset button“.
- Wait until there are no more blinking lights on the printer.
- Release the “Tool” button, and then release the “Reset Button“.
- Turn off your computer and wait for it to shut down completely. Then, push the power button on the Canon printer off.
- Remove the power cord from the back of the printer. After the power cord has been removed, remove the USB or parallel cable that runs from the printer to the computer. Remove the cable from both the printer and the computer.
- Plug the USB or parallel cable in to the back of the printer. Make sure the cable is securely seated. Pull on the cable to make sure it is not loose. Connect the other end of the cable to the computer.
- Turn the power button on the printer back on. Wait a few minutes for the printer to power up, then turn the computer back on.
- Log on to the computer and click on the “Start” button. Choose “Control Panel” from the menu and select “Printers and Faxes.” Double-click the Canon printer and click on the “Printer” menu. Select “Properties” from the menu and click the “Print Test Page” button to send a test page to the printer.